Whether you will be working full time with inflexible hours or want to study at the comfort of your home, online courses provide an alternative solution to your academic needs.
UCLA academic courses delivered ONLINE carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit, and transcripts do not indicate if a class was taken online or on campus.
Scores of online courses are offered during the summer, including GE and upper division electives in various subject areas.
Click here to view a full list of online courses offered this summer.
NOTE: "Hybrid" courses that combine online instruction and an on-campus component are not considered online courses for Summer Sessions registration purposes and are thus excluded from this list.
Join the hundreds of other UCLA students who have successfully satisfied their academic needs with ONLINE COURSES. You can still have a productive summer wherever you are headed.
To qualify as a current matriculated UCLA student for summer registration purposes, you cannot be a dismissed student and you must meet at least one of the requirements below:
- Admitted student with an active winter and/or spring term and a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
- Incoming freshman or transfer student who has submitted their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to the university.
- Admitted student returning from a leave of absence (excluding students on probation or subject to dismissal) with a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
The campus fee is waived for those who are enrolled in online courses only.
Please visit our ACADEMIC COURSES: ONLINE page for information on the following:
- Enrollment and registration
- Fees and payment
- Relevant University and Summer Sessions policies
Put yourself closer to graduation and broaden your perspectives ONLINE.
During the summer, ONLINE COURSES provide students from other UC campuses, around the country and the world with the opportunity to experience what UCLA has to offer without having to travel to UCLA. This means no visa, no minimum unit restrictions, and no hassle to arrange housing.
For information on enrollment and registration, fees and payment, and relevant University and Summer Sessions policies applicable to online courses, please go to ACADEMIC COURSES: ONLINE.
Experience UCLA's excellence ONLINE.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 15