WHO IS A CONTINUING UCLA STUDENT?
Summer fee assessment and policies vary by student types.
To qualify as a current matriculated UCLA student for summer enrollment purposes, you cannot be a dismissed student and must meet at least one of the requirements below:
- Admitted student with an active winter and/or spring term and a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
- Admitted student returning from a leave of absence (excluding students on probation or subject to dismissal) with a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
WHY BE A SUMMER BRUIN?
4 OUT OF 5 UCLA students will become a Summer Bruin at some point during their undergraduate career.
There are many reasons why UCLA students become Summer Bruins:
- Fulfill degree requirements to graduate on time or early
- Create flexibility to double major, take up a minor, and/or study abroad
- Have a lighter schedule to tackle and focus on courses that may be more difficult
- Enroll in an impacted course that is very hard to get a space in during the academic year
- Take a course of interest outside your major
- Complete the entire Foreign Language Requirement with a language intensive course
- Save money (Nonresident Supplemental Tuition is not assessed during the summer for out-of-state students)
- And many more…
Incoming first year and transfer students can start as early as the summer prior to their first quarter.
It is important that you understand how specific courses will apply towards your intended degree. Please be sure to consult with your academic advisor before enrolling.
Please visit our ACADEMIC COURSES: UCLA STUDENTS page for information on the following:
- Enrollment and registration
- Fees and payment
- Relevant University and Summer Sessions policies applicable to UCLA students
- and more!
Summer is a great opportunity to fulfill GE or Writing II requirements, enroll in that much needed impacted course, or complete your graduation requirements sooner.
During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . With over 1000 courses to choose from, including ONLINE COURSES, you can have a successful and productive summer no matter where you are headed.
To view a full list of academic courses offered during the summer, please click here.
UCLA ONLINE COURSES offer you the opportunity to earn credit anytime, anywhere. UCLA academic courses delivered online carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit, and transcripts do not indicate if a class was taken online or on campus.
Whether you will be moving back home during the summer or working full time with inflexible hours, online courses provide an alternative solution to your academic needs.
Summer Institutes offer the breadth and depth of UCLA's academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format that allows you to share a unique learning experience.
Listed below are the 2017 Summer Institutes open to continuing UCLA students:
FILM AND TELEVISION SUMMER INSTITUTE
- Advanced Filmmaking Lab
- Creative Producing** - Film Production
TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP SUMMER INSTITUTE:
- Leadership Through Communication - Data Management and Analytics, Big and Small Data