Summer Session A Transitions to Remote Instruction
As it was announced to the UCLA community on April 1, protecting the health and safety of our campus commuity has been and will remain to be UCLA's priority. As such, UCLA has decided to continue to offer instruction remotely through Summer Session A, including courses and programs with varying end dates, offered between June 22 and July 31. We recognize that this decision has a great impact on all our community members--students, as well as faculty and staff. Please know that Summer Sessions remains open to students who are interested in UCLA academic opportunities and that intensive efforts are underway to ensure academic continuity and student success.
We appreciate your patience as we implement changes that are necessary for the transition. If you are currently enrolled students, you will receive further information to help you plan your summer as details become available. In the meantime, our dedicated staff are available remotely to assist you with questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER SESSION A DATES
The following UCLA Summer Session A courses and programs will be available remotely:
- Academic Courses starting June 22
- 6-week (June 22 – July 31)
- 8-week (June 22 – August 14)
- 9-week (June 22 – August 21)
- 10-week (June 22 – August 28)
- Summer Intensive Studies courses offered between June 22 and July 31
- June 22-July 10
- July 13-July 31
- College/Professional Summer Institutes offered between June 22 and July 31
- Summer College Immersion Program offered between June 22 and August 7
- Precollege Summer Institutes offered between June 22 and August 7
Session A courses and programs, and other summer programs, offered by the Schools of Nursing, Medicine, and Dentistry are not subject to remote instruction and will be deferred to a later date.
The public health situation may require UCLA to convert Session C courses and programs to remote instruction as well. We will keep you informed. Certain Session C courses and programs may move to remote instruction by the home academic department prior to the campus decision for Session C.
Summer Sessions C dates are:
- Academic Courses offered Aug 3 – Sep 11
- Summer Intensive Studies offered Aug 3 – Aug 21
- College/Professional Summer Institutes offered between August 3 –September 11
UP-TO-DATE CAMPUS INFORMATION ON NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
UCLA is committed to providing a safe environment for its community including Summer Sessions students and is prepared to take necessary steps to that end. UCLA is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and will continue to provide information on new developments through the following websites: