SUMMER SCHOLARS SUPPORT
- February 15: Summer Scholars Online Form is available.
- April 1: Summer Scholars Application due by 4PM.
- April 26: Award announcements are emailed.
- May 1: Those students who have been awarded must confirm acceptance by replying to the award announcement email.
To apply for Summer Scholars Support, you must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- You are currently attending a high school in the state of California;
- You have not received any UCLA Summer Scholars Support in the past;
- You will be a continuing high school student in Fall 2019 (seniors graduating in 2018 are not eligible);
- You have a family annual adjusted gross income of $115,000 or less; and
- You are enrolled in 2019 UCLA Summer Sessions, either an academic course, Precollege Summer Institute, or the UCLA Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP). Deferred payment of the deposit required for enrollment is available to those who meet additional need-based criteria. See Deferred Deposit for more information.
Summer Scholars Support Award
Summer Scholars Support will be awarded based on academic ability and financial need. Priority consideration will be given to those who have not had any comparable experience.
Awards vary but will not exceed the total amount for a single academic course up to 5 units or for a single Summer Institute. Awards are not intended to cover travel costs, and may not cover textbooks, or other course materials.
This year $100,000 is available to support selected high school students. About 40-50 partial or full scholarships will be awarded. The final award amount will reflect the fees of the academic course or the eligible Summer Institute in which the applicant is enrolled.
How to Apply
- Register for an academic course, Precollege Summer Institute, or the UCLA Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP) starting February 15. Payment of the non-refundable deposit is required (with the exception of those applying for Deferred Deposit. For information on Deferred Deposit, see "Deferred Deposit" below).
- Complete the Summer Scholars Support Online Application, available February 15 through 4PM, April 1.
Note: If applying for Deferred Deposit, further instructions will be provided after completion of Step 2.
All requirements below should be acquired and prepared prior to starting the Summer Scholars Online Form.
- 2019 Summer Scholars Application requirements are TBD. Please check this page at a later time.
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Registration for UCLA Summer Sessions requires a deposit of $150, however, the deposit amount may be deferred for students who meet all eligibility requirements for Summer Scholars Support, complete the Summer Scholars Support application prior to the deadline, AND meet one of the following qualifications:
- Current recipient of the State of California (CalFresh) or U.S. Public Assistance (including food stamps, cash, and/or medical assistance). Documentation Required: Copy of EBT Card and photo ID.
- Participant in the free and reduced lunch program. Documentation Required: Photo of lunch tickets or official letter from your high school.
- Family Annual Gross Income below $50,000. Documentation Required: Page 1 of parent/guardian(s) 1040 EZ
Those applying for Deferred Deposit can indicate their intention to apply during the Summer Scholars Online Form and will be contacted after successful submission of the Summer Scholars Online Form with further steps.
NOTE: Receiving Deferred Deposit does NOT indicate student will receive a Summer Scholarship as the scholarship is very competitive. In the event you apply for a scholarship and are not granted one, you will have 24 business hours to pay the $150 deposit, otherwise, you will be dropped from your program.