WHO IS A UC STUDENT?
UC students can earn UC credit in two ways through UCLA Summer Sessions:
- Individual UCLA Academic Courses; or
- Specialized College/Professional Summer Institutes
Summer fee assessment and policies vary by student types. To qualify as a current matriculated UC student for summer enrollment purposes, you must meet at least one of the requirements below:
- Admitted UC student with an active winter and/or spring term and a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
- Incoming UC freshman or transfer student who has submitted their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to the university.
- Admitted UC student returning from a leave of absence (excluding students on probation or subject to dismissal) with a degree expected term after the end of the summer term.
If you do not meet any of these requirements and want to participate in Summer Sessions as a visiting U.S. student, please click here.
Please visit our ACADEMIC COURSES: UC STUDENTS page for information on the following:
- Enrollment and registration
- Fees and payment
- Relevant University and Summer Sessions policies
- And more!
During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . With over 1000 courses to choose from, including ONLINE COURSES, you can have a successful and productive summer no matter where you are headed.
UCLA ONLINE COURSES offer you the opportunity to earn credit anytime, anywhere. UCLA online academic courses carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit as on-campus courses, and transcripts do not indicate if a class was taken online or on campus.
Whether you will be moving back home during the summer or working full time with inflexible hours, online courses provide an alternative solution to your academic needs.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN.
Summer Institutes offer the breadth and depth of UCLA's academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format.
Listed below are the 2017 Summer Institutes open to continuing UCLA students:
FILM AND TELEVISION SUMMER INSTITUTE
- Advanced Filmmaking Lab
- Creative Producing** - Film Production
TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP SUMMER INSTITUTE:
- Leadership Through Communication - Data Management and Analytics, Big and Small Data