Film and Television Summer Institute - Creative Producing
CREATIVE PRODUCING SUMMER INSTITUTE
Due to the rapidly developing COVID-19 situation, students will participate in internships remotely and classes will be conducted via Zoom in order to protect the health and safety of our community and visiting students.
The Creative Producing track lets college students study the role of the creative producer or executive while participating in entertainment industry internships remotely with companies located in Los Angeles and around the world. In class, students study the history of the Hollywood studio system and gain a critical perspective of the contemporary industry. In their internships, students apply those skills “on the ground” and build important relationships with industry professionals. In this way, the Creative Producing track is the perfect combination of theory and practice and contributes to a well-rounded liberal arts education that will benefit a wide range of majors from the humanities.
To participate in the Film and Television Summer Institute - Creative Producing track, you must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Current undergraduate students enrolled at a college or university
- Rising junior or senior in Fall 2021
The Creative Producing track is by instructor consent only. To participate, you must apply and receive acceptance into the program.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete the following:
- In no more than 200 words: What qualifications do you have that make you a good candidate for a film/TV internship?
Students will be notified within two weeks of an acceptance decision.
This track is only open to current undergraduate students attending a college or university who are rising juniors and seniors.
How to Register
Registration for the Film and Television Summer Institute can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, including the essay requirements.
- Submit your registration form.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be directed to the Retrieve Registration page.
Allow up to two weeks for the program instructor(s) to review your application. An email will be sent to you with the official decision. If accepted to the program, follow the steps in your acceptance email to make payment of the non-refundable registration fee ($150 for UCLA and UC Students, $350 for all others) and reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable registration fee* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form and retrieve registration at another time to make a payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if the program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay.
How to Make Registration Changes
Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program
The UCLA TFT Summer Institute has given me the confidence and invaluable knowledge to successfully navigate the Entertainment industry. Because of their outstanding curriculum, I have successfully worked for major studios in the industry and will be joining the writing team for an upcoming Netflix series.
Creative Producing 2017
The program makes you wish it was a full quarter term long because you become so engaged right off the bat.
Creative Producing 2018
CREATIVE PRODUCING SUMMER INSTITUTE:
JUNE 21 - JULY 30, 2021