Technology Leadership Summer Institute
TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP SUMMER INSTITUTE
EVERY MAJOR INDUSTRY HAS BECOME A TECH INDUSTRY.
The Easton Technology Management Center at the UCLA Anderson School of Management presents an innovative summer program to students interested in high-tech, finance, healthcare, entertainment/media, manufacturing, and others, where technology plays a key role in everyday business functioning.
This 6-week intensive program explores the many vital areas of technology leadership including innovation, disruption, and data science.
All students will work on team-based projects, analyze case studies to learn about real life business trends and issues, and analyze and visualize data through hands-on exercises on Tableau. Students will also gain exposure to tech driven companies through company visits, speaker series, and panels.
The program is open to all majors.
In this course you will learn the skills needed to become a successful leader of digital technology. Everyone is aware that social media, big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things are changing our world. While this digital technology is properly a matter of concern for consumers, businesses, and society, it also affords countless opportunities for enterprises and individuals to develop new services and products, improve existing practices and processes, and open new totally new markets, jobs, and careers. The focus of this course is on exploring “best practices” from successful corporations and enterprises to identifying and exploiting opportunities in digital technology businesses in the future.
What the program offers:
- Team-based projects where students will work in teams under the guidance of the instructor for comprehensive feedback
- Speaker Series with high-profile industry leaders and professionals from companies such as Google, Snap, Microsoft, Disney and more.
- Networking Opportunities with industry professionals and graduate students.
- Panels with current MBA students for an insight of their experiences in business school and career goals.
- Courses taught using up-to-date case studies from Harvard Business School to discuss all the current issues in the market.
To participate in the Technology Leadership Summer Institute, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Currently have a high school diploma (or equivalent)
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
How to Register
Registration for the Technology Leadership Summer Institute can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form here. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and "Continue to Registration".
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be redirected to the retrieve registration page, where you can select "Pay Now" to proceed with payment of the non-refundable deposit . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
How to Make Registration Changes Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
JUNE 22 - JULY 31, 2020