During the summer months, visiting US students have four different summer experiences to select from here at UCLA:
- Academic Courses
- Online Courses
- College/Professional Summer Institutes
- Summer Intensive Studies
During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . With over 1,000 courses to choose from, you will have an enriching summer here at UCLA.
Please find below helpful links to get started with academic courses this summer:
UCLA Online Courses offer you the opportunity to earn credit anytime, anywhere. UCLA online courses carry the same unit value and UCLA degree credit as on-campus courses, and transcripts do not indicate the course was online.
Whether you will be moving back home during the summer or working full time with inflexible hours, online courses provide an alternative solution to your academic needs.
Please find below helpful links to get started with online courses this summer:
College/Professional Summer Institutes
Summer Institutes offer the breadth and depth of UCLA's academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format that allows you to share a unique learning experience.
2020 College Professional Summer Institutes:
- Big Data for Justice Summer Institute
- Business of Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute
- Film and Television Summer Institute (Select one of the following tracks)
- Jumpstart Summer Institute: Introduction to Architecture
- Owning Shakespeare Summer Institute
- Technology Leadership Summer Institute
Summer Intensive Studies
Summer Intensive Studies provide a unique opportunity to complete a 10-week course in just three weeks or a three-quarter long series in just nine weeks!