4 OUT OF 5 UCLA students will become a Summer Bruin at some point during their undergraduate career in order to graduate on-time or early, pursue a minor or other interests outside their major, save money, and many other reasons. During the summer months, current UCLA students have multiple summer experiences to select from:
- Summer Courses
- Academic Courses
- Online Courses
- Summer Intensive Studies
- College/Professional Summer Institutes
Important Note: UCLA has decided to transition all summer courses to remote learning only. For more information, visit our Updates and Alerts page.
During the summer, many courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in four sessions, Session A, B, C, and D . Choose from over 600+ courses in 130 majors at UCLA this summer for 3-10 weeks, including GE, Writing II, and major or minor courses.
There are three different types of summer courses:
- Academic Courses: 6-10 week courses offered in Session A and Session C
- Online Courses: 6-10 week courses designed specifically for an online experience offered in Session A and Session C
- Summer Intensive Studies (SIS): 3-week intensive courses offered in Session A, B, C, and D
Please find below helpful links to get started with Summer Courses this year:
Summer Institutes offer the breadth and depth of UCLA's academic rigor in an intensive, holistic format that allows you to share a unique learning experience.
2021 College Professional Summer Institutes (Tentative):
- Business of Media, Entertainment, and Sports Summer Institute
- Film and Television Summer Institute (Select one of the following tracks)
- Jumpstart Summer Institute: Introduction to Architecture
- Technology Leadership Summer Institute
- Voiceover Camera Acting Summer Institutes