Mock Trial Summer Institute
MOCK TRIAL SUMMER INSTITUTE
Are you a high school student interested in learning more about our nation's legal system and how attorneys prepare a case for trial? Perhaps you are considering a career in law as a trial attorney, prosecutor or defense attorney? Maybe you want to build your self-confidence and strengthen your ability to communicate your ideas and opinions to others. If any of these are true, you should consider participating in the UCLA Mock Trial Summer Institute.
This week-long program is a great way to broaden your knowledge base, explore college and career options, boost your self-confidence and powers of persuasion - all while making new friends and having fun! Come to Los Angeles to train with the National Champion UCLA Mock Trial Team Coach and Team Members! Learn effective trial advocacy techniques and improve your public speaking skills. UCLA has won the Collegiate National Championship four times in the last decade (most recently 2014) and you will have the chance to work with both students and coaches.
Due to the rigorous and intense nature of the program, the residential plan, which includes housing, a meal plan, a schedule of activities, and supervision, is mandatory for all students. By living together, students have the opportunity to get to know their classmates and counselors better, and are able to spend more time working on their final mock trial presentations. The residential plan also alleviates the safety and time concerns inherent in an urban commute. Students receive supervision by an exceptional staff of UCLA undergraduate students and members of the UCLA Mock Trial Program.
- 14 years of age or older prior to June 25, 2018
- Enrolled in grades 8th – 12th during Spring 2018
Students who do not meet the minimum program requirements should not register and should consider other summer opportunities.
HOW TO REGISTER Registration for the Mock Trial can be done conveniently online using the steps below.
- Access the Summer Institute Online Registration Form. Read all terms and conditions, then scroll to the bottom and “Continue to Registration”.
- Complete the first page of the online registration form by answering all mandatory questions, then, select “Continue” at the end of the first page.
- Provide responses to all questions on the second page of the online registration form, then “Submit”.
- Once your form is submitted, you will be redirected to the retrieve registration page, where you can select “Pay Now” to proceed with payment of the non-refundable deposit . Continue with the payment instructions to reserve your space in the program.
A space in the program is not reserved for you until valid payment of the non-refundable deposit* is completed. Those who are not prepared to pay after program acceptance can submit their registration form, log out, and retrieve registration at another time to make payment, however you risk losing a space in the program if program reaches capacity prior to the ability to pay. An email with instructions to retrieve registration will be sent within an hour of submitting your registration.
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES TO MY REGISTRATION Already submitted the online registration form but need to make a change or finish your registration? You can easily do so by retrieving your registration. To retrieve registration, please complete the steps below:
- Access the Summer Institute Retrieve Registration Form here.
- You will need your five-digit registration number that was sent to your email address. Fill out the form, then “Submit”.
Many changes and additions can be made using retrieve registration including: Payment submission of the non-refundable deposit
- Uploading required documents
- Dropping a current program
- Adding a second program
- Switching to a new program
The UCLA Student Code of Conduct has been developed to maintain a safe, supportive, and inclusive campus community that engages students in order to foster their academic success, personal growth and responsible citizenship. Therefore you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner which demonstrates respect for yourself, your fellow Summer Sessions students, UCLA's faculty members, and members of the local community.
Behavior governed by the UCLA Student Code of Conduct includes:
- Academic honesty
- Treatment of others
- Health and safety
- Use of resources
- Use of alcohol and controlled substances
UCLA’s reputation for academic excellence and institutional integrity is among the most valued assets; as such, academic integrity is of paramount importance and UCLA does all within its power to maintain its standards.
During the summer, matriculated UCLA students and visiting students alike are members of our diverse and inclusive True Bruin community. For more information on the student code of conduct, please visit the Dean of Students' website.
JULY 15 - JULY 21, 2018