During the summer months, visiting high school students have three different summer experiences to select from here at UCLA:
- Academic Courses
- Summer College Immersion Program
- Precollege Summer Institutes
Summer College Immersion Program
The UCLA Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP) is designed for exceptionally high-achieving high school students to provide a real-world introduction to an academic life at UCLA, one of the world's greatest research universities. SCIP students will enroll in two UCLA academic courses while also participating in lectures, seminars, and popular workshops such as Undergraduate Admissions.
SCIP is highly competitive and applicants will be required to meet specific academic thresholds. Admitted students will have the option to commute or live on campus in one of UCLA's residence halls.
Summer Sessions is a unique opportunity to advance your academic career. During the summer, many academic courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in two sessions, Session A and Session C . With over 100 courses to choose from, inlcuding online option, you can have an unforgettable summer here at UCLA.
Please find below helpful links to get started with academic courses this summer:
Precollege Summer Institutes
Precollege Summer Institutes are designed for advanced high school students who wish to gain academically challenging college-level experience.
High school students who are 14 years of age or older by the first day of summer may participate in our Precollege Summer Institutes.
2020 Precollege Summer Institutes - Residential:
- Applications of Nanoscience Summer Institute
- Acting and Performance Summer Institute
- Art Summer Institute
- Camera Acting Summer Institute
- Design Media Arts Summer Institute
- Digital Filmmaking Summer Institute
- Economics Summer Institute
- Engineering Design Summer Institute
- Game Lab Summer Institute - Session B
- International Development Summer Institute
- Introduction to Investments Summer Institute
- Mock Trial Summer Institute
- Model United Nations Summer Institute
- Musical Theater Summer Institute
- Nanoscale Microscopy Lab Summer Institute
- Nanoscience Lab Summer Institute
- Sci|Art Lab + Studio Summer Institute
- Teen ArchStudio Summer Institute
2020 Precollege Summer Institutes - Commuter:
- Cinematography Summer Institute
- Game Lab Summer Institute - Session A
- Immersive International Studies Summer Institute
- Writing Summer Institute: Introduction to College Writing
Precollege Summer Institutes are not eligible for an F-1 visa