During the summer months, visiting high school students have multiple summer experiences to select from here at UCLA:
- Summer College Immersion Program
- Summer Courses
- Precollege Summer Institutes
- College/Professional Summer Institutes
Important Note: UCLA has decided to transition all summer courses and programs to remote learning only. For more information, visit our Updates and Alerts page.
Summer College Immersion Program - Online
The UCLA Summer College Immersion Program - Online (eSCIP) is designed for exceptionally high-achieving high school students to provide a real-world introduction to academic life at UCLA, one of the world's greatest research universities. SCIP students will enroll in 1-2 UCLA summer courses while also participating in lectures, seminars, and popular workshops such as Undergraduate Admissions.
SCIP is highly competitive and applicants will be required to meet specific academic thresholds.
Summer Sessions is a unique opportunity to advance your academic career. During the summer, many courses that make up UCLA's regular curriculum are offered in four sessions, Session A, B, C, and D . With over 100 courses to choose from, inlcuding online option, you can have an unforgettable summer here at UCLA.
Please find below helpful links to get started with academic courses this summer:
PRECOLLEGE SUMMER INSTITUTES
Precollege Summer Institutes are designed for advanced high school students who wish to gain academically challenging college-level experience.
High school students who are 14 years of age or older by the first day of summer may participate in our Precollege Summer Institutes.
- Applications of Nanoscience Summer Institute
- Acting and Performance Summer Institute
- Art Summer Institute
- Camera Acting Summer Institute
- Computer Science Summer Institute
- Critical Reasoning Summer Institute
- Design Media Arts Summer Institute
- Digital Filmmaking Summer Institute
- Economics Summer Institute
- Game Lab Summer Institute
- Hip Hop / Street Dance Summer Institute
- Immersive International Studies Summer Institute
- International Development Summer Institute
- Introduction to Investments Summer Institute
- Mock Trial Summer Institute
- Model United Nations Summer Institute
- Musical Theater Summer Institute
- Precollege TV Writing
- Sci|Art Lab + Studio Summer Institute
- Startup UCLA: Social Entrepreneurship Summer Institute
- Teen ArchStudio Summer Institute
- Voiceover Camera Acting Summer Institute
- Writing Summer Institute: Introduction to College Writing
COLLEGE / PROFESSIONAL SUMMER INSTITUTES
The following College/Professional Summer Institutes are also open to high school students.
Summer Institutes Registration Form